Monday, June 23, 2008

Week 11 - Podcasts and Audio

This has possibilities.

I downloaded a couple of ABC broadcasts, as well as one from the Wadsworth Public Library that I accessed through the Library Success wiki. I listened to them on my mp3 player while doing the shopping on Sunday.

It was very interesting, especially the public library one. Although not as professionally produced as the ABC podcasts, I chose one on a topic that interested me (slow food), and quite enjoyed it. Unfortunately, although my local library holds a few of the books mentioned in the podcast, they were all checked out when I went there that afternoon!

The State Library could podcast talks by staff and fellows, interviews with authors, presentations, and other similar things. Internally, maybe some meetings can be podcast for staff who were not able to attend (or who were there, but want to check their memory of what was said...)

There is considerable potential in podcasting.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

I had thought of podcasts to go with exhibitions but your suggestion of fellows podcasting is a great one ... it would really help build interest in their projects from a much wider audience and could even lead to it being picked up overseas. Our cookbook display recently was picked up in the UK so anything is possible.

Mylee (PLS)